Friday, June 06, 2014

The Ten Iconic Movie Characters Blog-a-Thon




Nostra of My Film Views has created a blog-a-thon that consists of these following rules:


A list of 10 iconic movie characters has been made. That list will be assigned to another blogger who can then change it by removing one character (describing why they think it should not be on the list) and replace it with another one (also with motivation) and hand over the baton to another blogger. Once assigned that blogger will have to put his/her post up within a week. If this is not the case the blogger who assigned it has to reassign it to another blogger. After you have posted your update leave the link in the comments here and I will make sure it gets added to the overview post.


Wendell Ottley of Dell on Movies has passed the baton to me as here are the following who have contributed to the blog-a-thon so far:




















The Icons:


Holly Golightly


Darth Vader


Ellen Ripley


James Bond


Jack Torrance


Indiana Jones


Jason Voorhees


E.T.


Harry Potter


Batman 



Who is Leaving: Holly Golightly 


I have never seen Breakfast at Tiffany’s except a few clips involving Mickey Rooney playing an Asian which was wrong. I think the reason I’m getting rid of her is because I don’t really know much about her other than the fact that she is an iconic character. Yet, I often associate Audrey Hepburn with the role of Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady despite the fact that I haven’t seen a lot of films starring Audrey Hepburn.

Who Goes In: The Man with No Name



I’m amazed that the many characters that have been chosen for this blog-a-thon, the one genre that doesn’t seem to be represented very much is the Western. There’s a lot of great icons of that genre yet the one for me that sticks out is Clint Eastwood’s the Man with No Name character from the Sergio Leone Dollars trilogy. Here’s a guy that doesn’t play the role of a hero yet he often does do the right thing just as long as he gets his share of whatever bounty or payment he gets. While he is a variation of the Yojimbo character that Toshiro Mifune played in Akira Kurosawa’s 1961 film, the Man with No Name is a true anti-hero who is an absolute badass and the guy who can get the job done.

Now I pass the baton of this blog-a-thon to Chris of moviesandsongs365.

© thevoid99 2014

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not Holly!!!!

I love me some Audrey though, so I'm biased.

Nice inclusion though. Eastwood is back, after having his dirty harry ousted ;-)

Dell said...

Yes! The Man With No Name is a very cool choice. What a great representative of the Western.

Chris said...

Thanks for the baton, which I accept. Going to be tough thinking up something new to add, I'll write the post in the next few days.
Man With No Name is an iconic character from westerns, good choice

TheVern said...

I have seen Breakfast at Tiffany's and Holly is not a memorable character. The image of Audrey Hepburn in that movie is memorable but not the character herself. God Job with adding The man with no name. I have only seen he Good The Bad and The ugly

thevoid99 said...

@Fisti-Sorry but I haven't seen Breakfast at Tiffany's as I have no clue about Holly. I'm sorry.

@Wendell Ottley-Exactly. You need cowboys in that special.

@Chris-If you're going to go with a Western icon. It has to be the Man with No Name.

@The Vern-Since you like that character, you need to see A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More as they're essential.