A new year is emerging and it's definitely going to be big based on the recent list of films for 2015 that are coming as 2 more lists of what is coming in 2015 will emerge sometime in the final days of the year or in the New Year. I would've finished this earlier but the flu forced me to relax and take a breather. The illness definitely set me back a bit as I won't surpass my record of 472 films but I'm fine with that. Besides, it's time to look ahead at the things I'm planning to do for 2015 as it's going to be a big deal as this coming July will mark the 15th Anniversary of my writing/reviewing career as well as the moment that I used this blog to go at it alone back in 2010.
The Favorite Films essay series has been unfortunately dormant as I blame myself for it. I had bits and pieces of an essay on Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy about 1/3 finished but writer's block forced me to put the essay in limbo. I'm trying to get back in that world but it ain't going to be easy. Even as there's so many films I want to write about but either I haven't found the time or just couldn't come up with any ideas which is why it's been in limbo as does my attempt to write my own scripts haven't been finished and often left dormant. That is also my fault.
I have thought about reviving The Void-Go-Round music blog as something different as I have no interest in writing music reviews ever again. Instead, I want to use it to create lists on bands/artists as well as point people into what record to start with and such. I'm not sure if I will do it but it's something that's been floating around my head. As for Wrestling with the Void, I doubt that I will write about pro wrestling ever again due to my growing disillusionment with the WWE as I've already made the decision to not watch its programming ever again unless a miracle happens.
2015 will be a busy year as there's a lot of things I will do as I've finally fulfilled my 2014 Blind Spot Series obligations while I made the announcements over what's going to happen for next year with the list of films I will see for the 2015 Series. There's also a bunch of films that I plan to see for 2015 in all sorts of different genres and such as the watchlist that I've created for 2015 is an example of what I hope to do in the following:
- Explore the works of such silent comedies stars as Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd as well as find more short films of Charlie Chaplin from his pre-United Artists period.
- Watch the films of old-school filmmakers like Billy Wilder, Howard Hawks, John Ford, and other American filmmakers during the 1930s to the 1960s to get an understanding of cinema in those times.
- Watch more films by such controversial filmmakers like Sam Peckinpah, Alejandro Jodorowsky, and John Carpenter to venture more into out there territory.
- Do more films from Asia, Latin America, and Europe in order to get a broader view of the world.
- Try to watch as many thematic-trilogies by some of the world's best filmmakers based on this list.
- The Cannes Film Festival Marathon of 2015 will be a return to just films that played at Cannes as it will include a few Palme d'Or winners as well as other films from filmmakers who are set to release new films during the festival's entirety from May 13 to May 24 of 2015.
May-Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
The question mark is a mystery as I know who will do for that one but I'm going to be very mum about it. Here's a watchlist of the films by the filmmakers that I've announced that I will do while a few of them will be coming out with new films in 2015. Another thing I'm going to do for 2015 is to make a list of my favorite films (that isn't Lost in Translation) from 2000 to 2015 to celebrate that 15-year anniversary. So that is all that is ahead for this blog in 2015 as I will finish up a few things for 2014. Let's make 2015 a truly epic year.
© thevoid99 2014