Tuesday, December 01, 2020

2021 Blind Spot Series Announcement

 


Another year is coming to an end and in all honesty, 2020 fucking sucked. Having now set to complete this year's Blind Spot Series with Abbas Kiarostami's Koker Trilogy, the time has come to make an announcement for the next year as God forbid we all die in this fucking pandemic. My choices for next year's series has a lot to do with wanting to take on more films around the world but also classic films and films that are considered influential. Three of these picks are films directed by women as I feel like women don't get enough exposure as one of my choices is a film by an African-American woman. I also chose an animated film this year as well as a cult movie, foreign classics, and films that are also challenging. All of these films are from the latter half of the 20th Century to the year 2000. Here are the films of the 2021 Blind Spot Series in chronological order:

A Streetcar Named Desire

The Hitchhiker

The Great Escape

War and Peace

Pink Flamingos

Rainer Werner Fassbinder's BRD Trilogy (The Marriage of Maria Braun - Lola - Veronika Voss)

Pixote

Taipei Story

Daughters of the Dust

Perfect Blue

Beau Travail

Werckmeister Harmonies


© thevoid99 2020

6 comments:

SJHoneywell said...

I haven't seen all of these (Werckmeister Harmonies is still a big hole for me), but the ones I know that you've picked are good choices.

I'll be very curious about your thoughts on Perfect Blue in particular.

Paula Padilla said...

Hello, Steven, you have some sharp and colorful pictures lined up for next year - wow - it's hard to pick a favorite, they're all so brilliant...you are in for a great 2021!!!

Jay said...

There is so much to love on this list!!!

VinnieH said...

Looks like you have some good ones on there and there are a few I need to see as well.

Often Off Topic said...

I'm forever in awe of the wide range of movies you watch so it's no surprise to me that I've seen none of your choices. I look forward to your reviews though, and let's hope 2021 is better for us all!

thevoid99 said...

@SJHoneywell-I try to balance all kinds of films including classics but also things from around the world as well as anything outside of my comfort zone.

@Paula Padilla-Hope you have a nice 2021 as well.

@Jay-Well, I hope I enjoy them as I haven't been let down by any of my choices so far.

@vinnieh-There's so many that I want to see as this wasn't easy to pick.

@Often Off Top-I think that's part of the reason why I like to do these Blind Spots. It allows me to go into places I never been to as if I'm traveling. And yes, let's hope the next year is better for all of us. Let's get rid of all of these ramble-rousing politicians, all of these SJWs, cancel culture, and all of that bullshit. I'm turning 40 in a few days and I don't want to deal with that shit anymore.