Sunday, January 01, 2023

The "Unofficial" Best Films/TV Series of 2022

 

2022 was a pretty good year considering that there was a lot of films that came out through film festivals, streaming services, and in theaters though there's many people didn't get the chance to see as I only saw 11 films this year theatrically though it was an improvement over the last 2 years due to the pandemic. Though 2022 is officially over, there are plenty of films that I did miss out as I hope to get the chance to see them.

Here are the 2022 releases that I missed out on: Tar, The Banshees of Inersherin, Babylon, White Noise, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, Avatar: The Way of Water, The Wonder, Kimi, All Quiet on the Western Front, Lady Chaterlee's Lover, Corsage, Sick of Myself, The Last Movie Stars, Lynch/Oz, Argentina 1985, Weird: The Al Yankovic Story, Dead for a Dollar, See How They Run, Godland, The Inspection, EO, All the Beauty and the Bloodshed, Other People's Children, Sidney, The Swimmers, Saint Omer, Emily, Wendell & Wild, No Bears, Master Gardener, The Menu, One Fine Morning, Rogue Agent, RRR, Women Talking, Chevalier, The Fablemans, The Whale, Not Okay, Honor Society, Babysitter, She Said, The Woman King, Prey, Broker, Aftersun, Joyland, Stars at Noon, Tori and Lokita, Three Thousand Years of Longing, Brother and Sister, Holy Spider, Armageddon Time, Men, Peter von Kant, X, Pearl, The Quiet Girl, Flux Gourmet, Good Luck to You, Leo Grande, Nanny, The Watcher, Honk for Jesus, Save Your Soul, Resurrection, Breaking, Alice, Everything Everywhere All at Once, Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, The Eternal Daughter, Swallowed, Triangle of Sadness, Fire of Love, Turning Red, The Fallout and Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio.

Here are the best films of 2022 that I have seen so far:

1. Decision to Leave
2. Bones and All
3. The Northman
4. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
5. Blonde
6. The Batman
7. Moonage Daydream
8. Le Pupille
9. Nope
10. Crimes of the Future
11. The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
12. Werewolf by Night
13. Nest
14. Phoenix Rising
15. House Comes with a Bird
16. Letters to My Mother for My Son
17. Dio: Dreamers Never Die
18. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
19. This Much I Know to Be True
20. Zen: Grogu and Dust Bunnies
21. Blank Narcissus (Passion of the Swamp)
22. Starfuckers
23. Life is But a Dream
24. Thor: Love and Thunder
25. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
Honorable Mentions: Unauthorized, Remembering, and Rock Family Trees.

Top 2022 TV Shows

1. Ms. Marvel
2. Wednesday
3. Andor
4. She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
5. Moon Knight
6. Obi-Wan Kenobi
7. I Am Groot
8. Assembled/Director by Night
9. Acapulco (season 2)
© thevoid99 2023

7 comments:

Brittani Burnham said...

We will definitely have some matches on movies! Same with TV, Andor and Obi Wan are some of my favorites this year.

thevoid99 said...

@Brittani-That is cool and I'm glad we're on the same page with TV shows.

SJHoneywell said...

I went into The Batman with a lot of reservations, but Pattison is surprisingly good in the role. It's Paul Dano that makes the whole thing work, though.

ruth said...

Oooh we definitely will have a few movies in common in my Top 10! I don't think Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will be in my top 20 though, I was disappointed w/ that one.

ANDOR will definitely be on my Top 5 Best Series I watched last year, I don't think I watched enough shows to make a Top 10.

thevoid99 said...

@SJHoneywell-Dano better get an Oscar nomination for that role as I thought he was even scarier unmasked than he was as the masked Riddler.

@ruth-I didn't watch enough shows either but I didn't see a lot of films this year as well as I didn't have much time keeping up with what is out and such.

Tom said...

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on Babylon if you get a chance to see it.

thevoid99 said...

@Tom-I'm eager to see that film though I am aware of how polarizing it is. It's not likely I'll see it in the theaters unless it gets several Oscar nods.