Tuesday, November 28, 2017

2018 Blind Spot Series Announcement




2017 is about come to an end as I'm about to embark on my final Blind Spot assignment in Pier Paolo Pasolini's Trilogy of Life film series as that will be the last one I will do for the year. Now it is time to look ahead for 2018 as this was a bit difficult to put together as I had to make some changes and take some films out of the list and then go to other sources such as the 1001 Films to See Before You Die book which every film buff must have. Having seen a lot of films over the years and realizing that there is so much to seek out. The choices I've made for the 2018 series reflects on not just wanting to explore films from different continents but also in different periods. Two of the choices in the series wanted me to explore more films directed by women as 2017 had been a major year for women directors as one of those films was released in the 21st Century with the rest of the films coming out in the 20th Century. I have chosen ten different movies for this list plus two companion films made by the same filmmaker and one film trilogy. Here are the Blind Spots I will watch for 2018 in chronological order:


All Quiet on the Western Front

The Best Years of Our Lives

Rebel Without a Cause

Black Girl

The Hero

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

The Emigrants/The New Land

Don't Look Now

Swept Away

Wim Wenders' Road Trilogy (Alice in the Cities - Wrong Move - Kings of the Road)

L'Argent

& Fat Girl

© thevoid99 2017

2 comments:

Brittani Burnham said...

I had Rebel Without a Cause on my very first Blind Spot List and it still remains the worst film I've watched in this project lol.I hope it works out for you better than it did for me

Dell said...

There's a very strong chance I'll have Rebel on my list for next year, too. I have seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. That was a blast to watch.